Mr. Arun Sharma
Area of Interest: Designing of therapeutic peptides against cancer, Peptide half-life prediction, Database development and management, development of tools for disease susceptibility prediction and personalized medicine development, machine learning techniques, software development with languages such as Perl, PHP, R etc.
Present Status: Presently working as Senior Research Fellow at OSDD Unit, CSIR- HQ, New Delhi. Enrolled as PhD student with AcSIR.
2. Sharma, A. et. al. Computational approach for designing tumor homing peptides. Sci. Rep. 3, 1607; DOI:10.1038/srep01607 (2013)
3. Gautam et al.: In silico approaches for designing highly effective cell penetrating peptides. Journal of Translational Medicine 2013 11:74.
4. Vashisht R, Mondal AK, Jain A, Shah A, Vishnoi P, et al. (2012) Crowd Sourcing a New Paradigm for Interactome Driven Drug Target Identification in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS ONE 7(7): e39808.
5. Aithal A#, Sharma A#, Joshi S, Raghava GPS, Varshney GC (2012) PolysacDB: A Database of Microbial Polysaccharide Antigens and Their Antibodies. PLoS ONE 7(4): e34613. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0034613
6. Tyagi A#, Ahmed F#, Thakur N, Sharma A, Raghava GPS, et al. (2011) HIVsirDB: A Database of HIV Inhibiting siRNAs. PLoS ONE 6(10): e25917. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0025917
7. Singla D, Sharma A, Kaur J, Panwar B and Raghava GPS (2010): BIAdb: A curated database of benzylisoquinoline alkaloids. BMC Pharmacology 10:4.
8. Rashid M, Singla D, Sharma A, Kumar M and Raghava GPS (2009): Hmrbase: a database of hormones and their receptors. BMC Genomics 10(1): 307.
# Equal contribution.
1. OSDDChem: An OSDD Chemical Database
2. OSDDChemDesign: A platform for Compound Submission for Biological Screening
3. GDPbio: Genome based prediction of Diseases and Personal medicines using Bioinformatics
Previous Assignments ::
He completed B.Sc. in General (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry) from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra (2002-05) and M.Sc. in Bioinformatics from Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar (2006-08).
contact :- firstname.lastname@example.org