Currently enrolled for a Ph.D program, with the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR). The broad area of my study is Chemoinformatics and Network Pharmacology, a field that looks at integrating Chemistry knowledge and Informatics knowledge for drug discovery.
- Seal, A., Passi, A., Jaleel, U.C., Wild, D.J. In silico predictive mutagenicity model generation using supervised learning approaches. Journal of Cheminformatics. 2012, 4:10 (doi: 10.1186/1758-2946-4-10).
- S Ghosh et al. Software Platform for Metabolic Network Reconstruction of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Systems Biology of TB. Springer Book Chapter. 2013, p21-35.
- Vashisht R, Mondal AK, Jain A, Shah A, Vishnoi P, et al. (2012) Crowd Sourcing a New Paradigm for Interactome Driven Drug Target Identification in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS ONE 7(7): e39808. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0039808.
- English language proficiency: TOEFL – 97.
- M.Tech Bioinformatics from Hamdard University, Delhi, India, CGPA –9.07/10 (2010)
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology from AmityUniversity, Noida, India, CGPA –7.92/10 (2008)
- Senior Secondary from Ryans International School, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India (C.B.S.E. Board) with 71.2% aggregate. (2004)
- Secondary Education from Ryans International School, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- (C.B.S.E. Board) with 75.0% aggregate. (2002).
- Invited Speaker : “C2D Cheminformatics: Methods, Tools and Results” 27th December, 2010 at Malabar Christian College, Calicut, India
- Workshop Participant : “High Performance Computing And Applications, HPCA 2009”, held on Feb 09-11, 2009, Department Of Computer Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Workshop Participant : “Bioinformatics Applications in Research a n d Development”, held during Feb 19-20’ 2009, Department Of Computer Science, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Workshop Participant : Drug Designing” held during Nov 21-22, 2009 at Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, IIT Delhi, India.
- ABREN Workshop on “3rd Virtual Training Workshop on Bioinformatics” held during March 24-May 29’09.
- School of Information Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, (Jan 2010 – May 2010) Worked on the project titled: “Molecular Modeling of Drug Target Proteins of Plasmodium falciparum” under Dr. Naidu Subbarao.
- Amity Institute Of Biotechnology, Amity University (U.P) (March 2008 – May 2008) Worked on a project titled: “Docking Studies on HIV Protease Inhibitors” under Mr. Amitava Bhattacharya.
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, IARI (June 2007 – July 2007) Worked on a project titled: “Amplification and Cloning of Plant Viral Genes” under Dr. Shelly Praveen.
- The Center For Genomic Application, Okhla, New Delhi (June 2006 – July 2006) Worked on a project titled: “High Throughput DNA Analysis Techniques Using ABI 3730XL Genetic Analyzer” under Dr. Bhaswar Maity.
Using Chemoinformatics , Systems Biology and Machine Learning algorithms to find an application in the following:
- Using systems biology approach to identify new targets for existing anti-TB drugs (drug repositioning) with high specificity and efficacy.
- Developing in-silico classification models to identify potential hits against Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Network Modeling of the metabolic pathway of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Database development for community driven scientific studies