Anshu Bhardwaj (AB)
- Rajput NK, Singh V and Bhardwaj A*. Resources, challenges and way forward in rare mitochondrial diseases research. F1000Research 2015, 4:70.
- Sharma A, Dutta P, Sharma M, Rajput NK, Dodiya B, Georrge JJ, Kholia T, OSDD Consortium, Bhardwaj A*. BioPhytMol: A Drug Discovery Community Resource on Anti-mycobacterial Phytomolecules and Plant Extracts. Journal of Cheminformatics 2014, 6(1).
- Bhardwaj A*. Investigating the Role of Site Specific Synonymous Variation in Disease Association Studies. Mitochondrion, 2014, May 16(83), 8.
- Vashisht R, Bhat AG, Kushwaha S, Bhardwaj A, OSDD Consortium, Brahmachari SK. Systems level mapping of metabolic complexity in Mycobacterium tuberculosis to identify high-value drug targets. J Transl Med. 2014, Oct 11; 12(1), 263.
- Santosh RS, Tuteja A, Basu S, Subramanium A, Sundharraman S, KUMARI A, M. Vaidhyanathan M, MohanA, Mahalakshmi R, Shankaranarayanan S, Chordia, Diyva SG, Virmani A, Joshi K, Yadav SK, Charyulu LN, Savitha R, Ajithavalli C, Rajendran D, Raiththa K, Alam S, Gandhi S, Kamath D, Sowmya S, Wani TH, Ahmad SS, OSDD Consortium, Vijayalakshmi*, Bhardwaj A*, Subodh S*.Open access Mycobacterium tuberculosis clone repository: a community resource by OSDD members. Current Science, 2013, 105 (10), 25.
- Vashisht R, Bhardwaj A, OSDD Consortium, Brahmachari SK. Social networks to biological networks: systems biology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Mol. BioSyst. 2013, 9, 1584-1593.
- K S, Jalali S, Scaria V, Bhardwaj A*. MitoLSDB: A Comprehensive Resource to Study Genotype to Phenotype Correlations in Human Mitochondrial DNA Variations. PLoS One 2013, 8 (4), e60066.
- Raghava GPS, Bhardwaj A et al. Open source software and web services for designing therapeutic molecules. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry 2013, 13 (10), 1172-1191.
- Vashisht R, Mondal AK, Jain A, Shah A, Vishnoi P, Priyadarshini P, Bhattacharyya K, Rohira H, Bhat AG, Passi A, Mukherjee K, Choudhary KS, Kumar V, Arora A, Munusamy P, Subramanian A, Venkatachalam A, Gayathri S, Raj S, Chitra V, Verma K, Zaheer S, Balaganesh J, Gurusamy M, Razeeth M, Raja I, Thandapani M, Mevada V, Soni R, Rana S, Ramanna GM, Raghavan S, Subramanya SN, Kholia T, Patel R, Bhavnani V, Chiranjeevi L, Sengupta S, Singh PK, Atray N, Gandhi S, Avasthi TS, Nisthar S, Anurag M, Sharma P, Hasija Y, Dash D, Sharma A, Scaria V, Thomas Z; OSDD Consortium, Chandra N, Brahmachari SK, Bhardwaj A*. Crowd Sourcing a New Paradigm for Interactome Driven Drug Target Identification in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS One 2012; 7 (7), e39808.
- Anand P, Sankaran S, Mukherjee S, Yeturu K, Laskowski R, Bhardwaj A, Bhagavat R; OSDD Consortium, Brahmachari SK, Chandra N. Structural Annotation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Proteome. PLoS One. 2011; 6(10): e27044.
- Bhardwaj A, Scaria V, Raghava GPS, Lynn AM, Chandra N, Banerjee S, Raghunandanan MV, Pandey V, Taneja B, Yadav J, Dash D, Bhattacharya J, Misra A, Kumar A, Ramachandran S, Thomas Z. Open Source Drug Discovery Consortium, Brahmachari SK, Open Source Drug Discovery- a new paradigm of collaborative research in Tuberculosis drug development. Tuberculosis, 2011 Sep; 91(5):479-86.
- Bhartiya D, Maini J, Sharma M, Joshi P, Laddha SV, Jalali S, Patowary A, Purkanti R, Lalwani M, Singh AR, Chauhan R, Singh N, Bhardwaj A, Scaria V, Sivasubbu S. FishMap Zv8 update–a genomic regulatory map of zebrafish. Zebrafish, 2010, 7(2), 179-80.
- Bhardwaj A, Bhartiya D, Kumar N, Open Source Drug Discovery Consortium, Scaria V. TBrowse: an Integrative Genomics Map of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis, 2009, 89, 386–387.
- Bhardwaj A*, Mukerji M, Sharma S, Paul J, Gokhale CS, Srivastava AK, Tiwari S. MtSNPscore: A combined evidence approach for assessing cumulative impact of mitochondrial variations in disease. BMC Bioinformatics, 2009, 10 (Suppl 8), S7.
- Bhardwaj A. et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis systems biology data in R, Biobytes, 2009, 5, 40-48.
- Indian Genome Variation Consortium. Genetic landscape of the people of India: a canvas for disease gene exploration. J. Genet. 2008, 87, 3–20.
- Bhardwaj A, Tiwari S. Evaluating the Association of Mitochondrial SNP Haplotypes with Disease Phenotypes using a Novel in silico Tool E-MIDAS. ICIT, 9th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT’06), 2006, 17-20.
Science Translational Medicine Editor Choice Articles
- Bhardwaj A, Personalized cancer medicines. Sci. Transl. Med. 25 March 2015, 280ec48.
- Bhardwaj A, A molecular patch for DMD. Sci. Transl. Med. 11 February 2015, 7:274ec24.
- Bhardwaj A, Ctrl-Alt-Del: Host-Targeting Anti-Angiogenic Agents as Adjunct Therapy for Tuberculosis. Sci. Transl. Med. 24 December 2014 6:268ec218.
- Bhardwaj A, Cholesterol Therapy That’s Not Chopped Liver. Sci. Transl. Med. 12 November 2014 6:262ec193.
- Bhardwaj A, Synthetic Lethality: Drug Repurposing with a Difference. Sci. Transl. Med. 1 October 2014 6:256ec167.
- Bhardwaj A, Harnessing the Crowd for Neurology Research. Sci. Transl. Med. 20 August 2014 6:250ec141.
- Bhardwaj A, Dissecting the Enigma of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Pathogenesis. Sci. Transl. Med. 9 July 2014 6:244ec116.
- Bhardwaj A, Reactive Species Contribute to Antibiotic-Mediated Killing. Sci. Transl. Med. 28 May 2014 6:238ec92.
- Bhardwaj A, “Antigenomic” RNA as a Therapeutic Tool for Mitochondrial Diseases. Sci. Transl. Med. 16 April 2014 6:232ec66.
- Bhardwaj A* et al. Software Platform for Metabolic Network Reconstruction of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Springer – Systems Biology of Tuberculosis 2013, 21.
- Bhardwaj A*, Scaria V, Thomas Z, Adayikkoth S, Open Source Drug Discovery Consortium, Brahmachari SK. Book chapter entitled “Collaborative tools to accelerate neglected diseases research” in the book “Collaborative Computational Technologies for Biomedical Research”. Wiley and Sons. May 2011.
Popular Science Articles
- Sugumaran G, Dutta P, Ramachandran S, Wild D, Blundell T and Bhardwaj A*. Predictive Sciences for Drug Discovery. Science Reporter, 2014, 51, 32-36. NISCAIR-CSIR, ISSN 0036-8512.
- Bhardwaj A*, Scaria V, Patra D, Open Source Drug Discovery Consortium. Open source drug discovery: a global collaborative drug discovery model for tuberculosis. Science and culture, January-February, 2011, 77, 1–2, 22-26.
May 2011 – till date: Scientist C at the Open Source Drug Discovery Unit, Delhi
Feb 2014: Selected as one of the 28 Associate Scientific Advisors worldwide
for the journal of Science Translation Medicine (http://stm.sciencemag.org/site/about/assoc_advisors.xhtml).
April 2013: Awarded the International Visitor Leadership
Program (IVLP), “Women In Science”, US Department of State, April
8 – April 26, 2013 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArOlUTazccZjJ5WFZiTS16RDQ/edit?usp=sharing).
May 2010: BEST POSTER AWARD “Enriching Genome Annotation through Open Collaboration” at the 14th Human Genome Meeting, Montpellier, France (May 18-21, 2010)
Sept 2007: BEST POSTER AWARD “A Comprehensive Scheme to Prioritize Mitochondrial Disease Markers” at 9th International Meeting on Human Genome Variation and Complex Genome Analysis, Barcelona, Spain (September 6-8, 2007)Feb 2005: BEST POSTER AWARD “Evaluating the Association of Mitochondrial SNP Haplotypes with Disease Phenotypes using a Novel in silico Tool E-MIDAS” at the combined meeting of the IXth ADNAT symposium on Molecular Medicine & Health & ISHG, CCMB (February 21-25, 2005), IndiaAug 2003: CSIR-UGC (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research- University Grants Commission) fellowship for SRF.
Aug 2001: CSIR-UGC (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research- University Grants Commission) fellowship for JRF-Lectureship.
Aug 2001: ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) for JRF.
Aug 2001: GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for JRF.
Aug 2001: M.Sc. Biotechnology, Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India
June 1999: B.Sc. (Zoology, Chemistry, Botany), Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India